Saturday, August 2, 2008

Wednesday, August 2, 2006

The day that changed us forever. August 2nd, we got The Call. I was at work when our social worker, Kimberly, called me. Right away she said, "I have a baby boy to tell you about". It was all I could do to maintain calm. I work with my family and I wanted Rob to be the first to know about our son so I had to get off the phone and make up an excuse to leave the store. It took about ten minutes to locate Rob who was on his lunch hour and running errands around town. Once I reached him, we agreed to meet at our house to call Kimberly back. She told us everything she knew about our little boy and then emailed us the details and his picture. We promised not to look at the picture until we had read through his documents and knew for sure he was meant for us.

It didn't take us long to read the documents and know this child would be our son. So, we opened the email with his photo and saw his beautiful face for the first time - our Baby Ben.

4 comments:

Heather said...

They are way too cute! You are very blessed.

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

Awww!! So stinkin' sweet! That might be the most adorable referral photo EVER.

Heather M. said...

Yeah! So glad I found your new blog!! Cute pics & it will be fun to watch them grow up together!
Keep in touch!

Heather M.

Kathy said...

I have pictures of Adam in the same shirt! LOL!