Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Leap of faith

I find that it's pretty easy to cry these days. So, when Ben stepped out on the very high and very long diving board, I choked up. When he jumped, it was all I could do to hold it back. My sweet baby is growing up. And, he was so proud. He did it TWICE. He asked me half a dozen times today if he gets to do it again tomorrow.


His Aunt E, who is here helping me run our family business while my parents are in Houston, took him to the toy store tonight and bought him a HUGE transformer for his major accomplishment. She claimed it was her right because she doesn't get to play the aunt role all that often because they live so far away. Great. Now, what are we going to do when he actually swims?? (Don't worry, it's all equal around here, Liam got a special new toy as well.)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow, Ben! That's a big deal! I still remember the guy in my college swim class who couldn't do that!