Thursday, March 4, 2010

Head of the class

Ben's class is doing a three week unit on artists. They learn about a different artist each day and then do an art project in that artist's genre. On the way to school this morning, Ben told me a few things he has learned recently. This is significant on two levels. One, he rarely shares anything about his time at school and secondly, it was unsolicited.

Ben - Mom, did you know that there was once an artist that was like a machine. He could do paintings really really fast.
Me - Really. I didn't know that.
Ben - Yeah, but he only sold one painting before he died.
Me - Wow. That's amazing.
Ben - Yep. His name was Vincent Bingo.
Me - That is great Ben. You sure are learning a lot at school. I am so proud of you.
Ben - You know what Mom. You should really come to my school at circle time because you could learn a lot from my teacher, too. You really should, Mom. Because you need to know this stuff too.


4 comments:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Haha! That conversation made me laugh! I am so glad Ben is enjoying school and learning so much.

Kim said...

HAHAHA Love it...Vincent BINGO!! Guess you need to make a trip to circle time :)

Lisa said...

I think Ben is right about you needing some circle time. Just exactly how much did you know about Vincent Bingo before that conversation? :) Maybe you'll get lucky and Ben will keep teaching you!

NHP said...

As a past art teacher, I have to say I LOVE this post.
Bingo- that is tooo much!
Natasha