Monday, March 15, 2010

Projects

Ben had a lot of projects in mind today. I think he has art on the brain because of all the work they are doing at school to get ready for the art exhibit on Thursday. Today was Michelangelo day. On the way home from school, he said they did sculptors and he wanted to make a "really big" scarecrow but couldn't figure out how to do it. I thought I was up for the challenge so we pulled out some cool clay this afternoon and gave it a shot. I have to admit, there wasn't much of a scarecrow in the finished pieces but we all had a good time playing.






Since we were being so crafty, we decided to try sand art outside. That was a total hit with both the boys. They loved the glue and the sand combo. I was pleased with how long they worked on their "projects" and then they got down to business with the tractors, sticks, and dirt. Oh, boy!

2 comments:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

I love what an artist Ben is becoming! It is so great that your are encourging that! Where did you get the clay? It looks super fun :o)

Lisa said...

Those boys are having serious fun! Look at those smiles!