Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Jump Jump

This morning, Liam and I took a field trip to my sister's house. We will be inheriting their beloved family pet soon, as they are moving out of the country and this little sweetie doesn't travel well. We went for a demonstration of cleaning the living quarters.

Notice that Maggie is eying Liam pretty hard. I don't think she is convinced he will make the best pet owner.

A little closer look.

And, here she is: our Ebbie. Amy promises she can't get out of her oasis. Ebbie has reportedly only escaped twice when being transitioned to the "resort" (ie. home away from home) while the tank was being cleaned. Oh, this is going to be fun.

We left my sisters and headed straight to the grocery store. The days of Liam just hanging with me and going with the flow are over. The last few times we pulled in the grocery store parking lot, he has had a melt down. This day was no exception and he was really giving it all he had today. I caved to his crocodile tears and pulled into the bounce house parking lot instead. There is no describing the shear joy on that baby's face when he realized I was taking him for a play date instead of the dreaded grocery shopping.

He looks so little in that massive blow up thing.

He had a blasted and I did too.

Plus, we left with 45 minutes to spare - we were able to get the groceries and pick Ben up on time.

2 comments:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

I know I say this all of the time, but you are such a good mama. I can just imagine how happy little Liam was when you pulled into the jump place instead of the boring ole' grocery store. So sweet!

I can't believe that frog doesn't jump out of the bowl...what kind of frog doesn't jump? Can they live with a goldfish?

Lisa said...

You get a gold star for going with Plan B instead of Plan A. I'd rather go to the jump place over the grocery store any day!