Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bitter Sweet

Goodbyes are hard. But, when you know how hard someone has worked and how much they want to begin their life in a new place, a new adventure, you just do it. You say goodbye. You hug. And, you wish them well. You just do it.





My sister and her kids left today for Saudi Arabia. They are going to join her husband/their dad, who has been there since March. They are off on the "The Great Adventure". They will have amazing experiences. They are living their dream. It has been VERY hard to get to today. Amy has worked her butt off. I couldn't be happier for them. It is bitter sweet.

In other news, we had two really cool visitors at our house today. A huge tractor and dump truck fixing up our backyard - preparing a space for the little project that Rob is working on.

Those were some happy happy boys.

Love little feet in big people shoes. Here is Ben eating his lunch at his little table.

This is what I found when I opened the drawer to get a bowl this morning. I love living with children. They have a way of brightening every day.

2 comments:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Bittersweet, indeed. I know you and your boys will miss them! And I agree, kids do brighten everyday...LOVE them!

Heather M. said...

If I would have opened my drawer & found that, I would have screamed for sure!!! hahaha! KIDS!!! Sorry about your sister moving away...I know it will be hard, but knowing they're fulfilling a dream must be awesome too!!! Now, no more crying :(

Heather