Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Two + Two = Four

I had four kiddos this morning and several errands that needed to be run. My car tags expire this month. I could have gone to the DMV on several occasions with just Liam. But, it seemed so much easier when I had four kids. I love having a 10 year old in tow. Lots of things are more convenient. Riley watched the kids in the car. I was in and out of there in 3 minutes. If I'd taken Liam inside, I'd have been sweating before it was over. My baby is wiggly and fast.

Next, we headed to get groceries. I don't like taking one child to get groceries but four seemed like a breeze. It was actually fun. (Thanks to Poppy.)

Here, Riley is telling Ben that he is breaking the rules. He shouldn't be riding on the side of the cart and he really needs to get on the rack below the little kids.... uh, no thanks! We went with two carts instead.

Back at the car with all our loot. Poppy sent each kid with money for a "special treat"! We spent a good amount of time on the toy rows and I got all my groceries. Everyone was quite pleased when we left. Thanks, Poppy!

We did two more quick stops and then headed home to unload and play in the jump house. We sure are going to miss those two.

2 comments:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

You make having four kids look like a breeze...maybe you should look into adding a more couple kids full-time :o)

I like this idea of having a 10 year old around...sounds like they are quite handy :o)

Heather M. said...

Having older kids around is Definately a big help! The older ones keep the little ones entertained on outings & the little ones love to copy the bigger kids! Looks like a fun day!