Friday, January 8, 2010

Concentration

How to get boys to eat broccoli and carrots: give them a knife.



If you are bored and curious what I did this morning, read on.

2am: Rob woke, feeling the chill in the air. The heat had gone out due to a poorly designed drain pipe from our furnace.

6:12am - Liam woke up. Fairly warm b/c we put a space heater in his room at 2am.

7:35am - Called the heat man and he said he'd be over this morning.

8:03am - Couldn't take the cold any longer. Bundled up the kids and went to eat donuts for breakfast.

8:45am - Dropped Ben at school. Happy boy - he was wearing the new Super Heros shirt Santa got him.

8:55am - Go to Lowe's for additional space heaters.

9:04am - Heat man calls to say he has thawed the pipe. He explains how to install heat tape (not really tape), tells me what to buy and says I might have to call a few places to find it given it has been so cold lately. (thanks)

10:10am - Eight calls and four stops later, I have the materials.

12:15pm - Rob did the installation. Very thankful I was not out in the cold installing heat tape.

9:58pm - So far, this is working better than Ms. Angie's attempt to make it snow.

1 comment:

Heather M. said...

Oh my goodness!!! Sorry! Our electricity went out during the night from 2-4 & I was frantic trying to figure out how I was going to keep everyone warm until morning. SO GLAD you have a handy husband!!!! Stay warm!
Heather M