Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Eyes, Ebbie and Magpie

I was in another room and heard Liam calling for me. I couldn't make out what he was saying until I got in the room and saw him. Laying on his back, he had placed Cheerios on his eyes. He was saying, "Eyesssss, MOOOOMMMMM. See, eyeeeeesssss." And, he was laughing so hard at himself that they kept falling off.

My sister came over with Maggie this morning to help us learn to clean Ebbie's tank. Of course, the kids had a blast. Ben got to wash all the rocks with the sink sprayer. A very big job. The little kids were so excited to see the frog out of her "castle" flopping all over the tank, once it was clean.

Look closely and you can see Ebbie is looking right at Liam.

These two are so sweet together. We sure are going to miss our Magpie when they move.

Maggie spent the morning with me and Liam. We went for a ride in the adventure ship. We usually venture onto the university campus on the weekends, so it was a different experience today with so many students around. The kids waved and said hi to everyone we passed. I think they even made a few folks day, as we passed by.

It was definitely hot enough for a "hands only" dip in the fountain today.

We stopped for a snack and they could hardly drink their juice because they were so excited about the passing school bus and airplane.

I put the camera away for the afternoon so I could just enjoy hanging out with the boys. We had a great evening playing outside. There were lots of trips around the block on bikes. Races in the yard and "sword" fights. We didn't come inside until after the kids are usually in bed. That's saying a lot for this regimented mama.

2 comments:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Haha! How cute is Liam with his Cheerio eyes? There is nothing better than watching a kid crack themselves up! I can't get enough of it!

The pictures of Liam and his cousin are so sweet. I am sure they made lots of people smile today...they made me smile :o)

Heather M. said...

Looks like so much fun! I wouldn't have wanted to come in either!!! Hooray for azaleas & people to see!