Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A happy home

The boys had a picnic lunch in the backyard today. It was Ben's idea - a good one, I thought. It was especially sweet that they sat so close together and seemed to be having a rather pleasant conversation between bites.



Ben has been saving bird nest materials in a plastic bag for several weeks now. Today was the day to put all his efforts together into one happy little home.



Ben is very sensitive when it comes to animals. He is the one that always tells Liam not to squash the bugs, pet cats gently, and put worms "back to nature". So, this little project was right up his alley. And, he was pretty pleased with the outcome.

Quite nice. I hope someone moves in soon.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I love the picnic shots! What great memories those boys will have! Good job Mom!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

If I was a bird, I would for sure pick that awesome nest built by that sweet boy!