Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Desperate times

Snow day #3.

Ben came up with a great idea for a long tall box we got from Poppy. Prop it on the couch and make a slide. They had a blast. When they were tried of sliding, they got out balls to roll up and down.




Full of great ideas, Ben decided we should do an art project. So, we collapsed the box and they went at it with stamps and markers.




Things started to get out of hand when Ben came up with the idea of becoming the Incredible Hulk.

On a different day, I might have attempted to head off this type of activity. Today wasn't that kind of day.

Next up, bath time. My great idea - Snow Bath.

We had to empty the tub and refill with warm water once.

My favorite part was when they chanted "more, more, more".

Apparently, this was "the best bath EVER"! I think we will break out the ice cubes when the snow is gone.


Unless otherwise stated, it now goes without saying: NND. And, for the record 25 1/2 months is too young to give up naps.

3 comments:

Heather M. said...

Oh the box slide looks like a blast! I'm sure they had a ton of fun with that!!! The snow bath...you are getting quite creative!! You can add some food coloring to it & make it fun colors for a change today if you need it again! So, is your snow melting??? It is now snowing like crazy here & the houses, cars & bushes are all covered. I don't know if the ground is cold enough for it to stick...we'll see....it is pretty.

Heather said...

Wow, that is so cool. I have not been that creative on our snow days. Thanks for the ideas. Andrew began giving up his nap around 18 months and totally by his second b-day. (Sarah still naps at 4.5 years.) I was horrified and my afternoons just haven't been the same. I do enforce "quiet resting" in his room, which is usually anything buy quiet. But, I'll take what I can get!

Lisa said...

You O'Connors just may be the most creative family ever!