Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hard and fast

A few days ago, Ben came across of roll of cherry Life Savers and asked if he could try one. Seeing this as a great opportunity for a positive behavior = positive reward moment, I got him to do a little cleaning up of toys and then produced the Life Saver.

One taste and he was a goner. Ear to ear, grin. He was hooked. No surprise he asked for another one when the first was gone. I was feeling pretty generous so I told him if he could brush all the candy out of his teeth (of course, he had chewed up the first one), he could have one more. I had to send him back to the bathroom twice but I swear he got those teeth clean.

Today, he asked me if he could have one of those "lite sabers". I told him it was in his room, he could go get it. He looked at me funny and then said, "No, you know, Mom, one of those tiny round things". Huh? I'll admit, it took me a minute, but I got it.

Favorite moment: When he told me that a cherry Life Saver was like a tiny cherry donut. I love that kid.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yes, it truly is the little things...especially when they are cherry flavored!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

That is sooooo cute! Tiny donut...haha! That is a really sweet pic too :o)